Tubal Reversal

I had a tubal ligation when I was 21 and I am now 33, my husband and I want to have a child. I don`t think I`m a canidate for a reversal but would like an opinion based on my pathology report. specimen a long fragment with distal fimbria measuring 5.5 cm in length and 0.4 cm in diameter. specimen b identical with fibria distally measuring 1.6 cm in length and 0.4 cm in diameter. all ends were cauterized.

If the fimbriated ends of the tube were removed, you would not be a candidate for tubal reversal.  Therefore, IVF would be the most appropriate option with a high rate of success in your age group. 

IVF (in vitro fertilization) usually involves taking fertility shots which are used to stimulate your ovaries to make extra eggs, which are then mixed with your partner's sperm, allowed to fertilize and grow into embryos, with approximately 2 embryos transferred into your uterus.  

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD