Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Digestive Disorders




I`m 17 and have been diagnosed and treated for H-pylori. I suffered with it and constant serious heartburn for somewhere between 4 and 6 months. Once my doctor did an EDG and found the H-pylori. He perscribed a Prev-pack and I used all of that. It`s been over a year since my EGD and the prev-pack, but I`m getting heartburn every day again, my appetite is in and out, and I constanly suffer from gas and regurgitating almost everytime I eat. Other than seeing my doctor, is there anything I should do?


I think seeing your doctor would be the best advice. You may need another test to document that the H. pylori has been eradicated (it is a simple x-ray test) or you may need a longer course of anti-acid therapy. Your doctor will best be able to decide that.

For more information:

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Annette  Kyprianou, MD Annette Kyprianou, MD
Senior Clinical Instructor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University