Root canal not complete

06/25/2008

Question:

my lymph nodes have been enlarged for a very long time.i had a bad tooth and could not afford a root canal. then i finally got one.and during the prodedure i know they did not get it all as the dentist was doing the prodedure he kept asking if i felt this. while i was in such pain he ended it and said to come back the following week to finish on a second appt. i did come bac the next week and he went straight to the right canal i guess ,because i felt such pain and then just passed over it and said they were done.is there any way to show it is giving me all kinds of health problems touched it and did not take the root out. i kept saying you did not get it but the dentist said yes i did and here is the xray to show that we got it all. the pain is still there but not horrible pain yet. my mouth has a taste and an odor. i hava very went back and they said again they got it all bcause they looked on the old x ray and said it shows that we got it all. what do you advise to do. carolyn

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about dental and oral health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very specific questions about your root canal which can only be answered properly by a dentist who has examined you and reviewed your X-rays. If your dentist is unable to help you, you should get a second opinion.

Take care.

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics