Urinary Tract Cancers

Cyst formation in the scrotum

07/03/2008

Question:

I am a 20 yr old male. I was having back pain for about 9 months. Then my testis started paining before 1 week. It lasted for 3 days and then again 3 to 4 days later. The result of ultrasound scanning right testis normal size. Left testis appears normal in size. Epididymis appears normal. Shows a well defined, hypochoric mass lesion of approx size 2*1.4*1.2cm in the outer inferior aspect of left testis. Small focii of calcification noted within lesion. Internal vascularity noted. Smal left vacilocole noted. No hyrocock scrotal wall on the left shows infiltration by the mass lesion. Impression left testicular mass lesion with internal calcification & vascularity and infiltration into scrotal wall. Is this a cancerous tumour? What is the treatment?

Answer:

The treatment is surgical. If there is a high suspicion of a testicular tumor then an exploration should be done. Biopsy by putting a needle through the scrotal skin should never be done. See a urologist.

Go to the Urinary Tract Cancers health topic, where you can:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology