Spine and Back Health

Left Outer Hip Bone Point of Pain

07/03/2008

Question:

I am 63. Had an active athletic life and military combat with multiple parachute jumps. Over last few years developed a ongoing hip point pain that leads when walking to left leg numbness, feeling like it will not support my weight. This causes a noticable and painful limp and forces frequent rest stops. Frankly it feels like a pinched nerve in the pain`s directional flow, but I don`t see a nerve in that area. Had x-rays and MRI, but no one seems to able to spot anything specific. Any ideas?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery