Spine and Back Health

Hip and leg pain

06/23/2008

Question:

First of all, I had bunion surgery, one foot December 23, 2007 and the other February 27, 2007. Now that I am back to walking normally I started the treadmill at a slow pace for approximately 45 minutes. I also started a diet as well. Diet consists of lean meat, vegetables, and fruit-no dairy, eating 4 times per day. I drink approximately 100 ounces of water a day. I don`t know if it is the diet, foot surgery, or whatever causing the pain in my legs and hips. At times I don`t feel the pain and other times it hurts so much I take pain medication. Last night I went dancing and the pain became worse to where I could not sleep last night. I had this same pain before when I started a diet. It might have been because I did not drink the required water. The pain in my legs feels worse when it is cold. My question: What do you think I might be suffering from and what can I do?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org