Mental Health

Confused

06/27/2008

Question:

TO WHOM THIS MY CONCERN I AM A 32 YR OLD FEMALE THAT IS TRYING TO DEAL WITH MY ISSUES ABOUT THREE YRS AGO I WAS TAKEN FROM MY JOB AT GUN POINT BY ME DAUGHTERS FATHER HE THEN FIRED THE GUN AT ME NEARLY MISSING ME AND THEN BLIND FOLDED ME AND TOOK ME TO SOME MOTEL AND HELD ME HOSTAGE FOR HOURS AND HE DID SOME HORRIABLE THINGS TO ME WHILE IN THAT ROOM HE ABUSED ME MENTALY AND PHYSICALY HE THEN RAPED ME AND AS TIME WENT ON IT GOT REALLY BAD HE MADE ME DO THINGS THAT COULD HAVE KILLED ME AND AGAIN THIS WENT ON FOR HOURS AND WHEN THEY FINALLY LOCATED US THE SWAT TEAM TRIED THEIR BEST TO GET HIM TO SURRENDER SO FINALLY THE SWAT TEAM GOT HIM TO COME TO THE DOOR AND SHOW THEM I WAS OK AND AS HE OPENED THE DOOR THEY TRIED TO GRAB ME SO TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT HE GOT REALLY UPSET AND TRIED TO KILL ME BUT THE GUN GOT JAMED AND THEN SHORTLY AFTER THAT HE KILLED HIS SELF IN FRONT OF ME. SO I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS AND I KNOW NOW I CAN`T DO THIS ANY MORE I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES I`M DEPRESSED ALL THE TIME AND I CAN`T SEEM TO KEEP A JOB I FIND MYSELF CRYING ALL THE TIME AND IT`S JUST GETTING WORST I STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS I`M SO ASSAMED THAT I MOVED AWAY FROM THEM BECAUSE I DIDN`T WANT ANY ONE TO KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH BUT NOW I CAN`T HIDE IT ANY MORE BECAUSE IT`S SHOWING AND I CAN`T COP WITH THIS SOMETIMES I WISH HE WOULD HAV EJUST KILLED ME SO I DIDN`T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS PAIN I FEEL LIKE I AM NOT A GOOD MOTHER ANY MORE I NEED SOME HELP I CAN`T EVEN HOLD A STEADY JOB NO MORE I AM IN NEED OF HELP I FEEL SHAMEFUL AND HOPLESS.

Answer:

I'm sorry to hear of your distress. I would direct you to a community mental health center for evaluation and treatment. Since you have no job and may be financially strapped, you will receive free psychiatric care at a CMHC.

If you live in the Columbus, Ohio area you should go to Netcare on Center street for an evaluation. If you live in a different city and you do not know any CMHCs, you should go to a hospital Emergency Room for evaluation and they will hook you up with whatever services you need.

Given the amount of pain you appear to be under, you should seek help right away. I hope this helps.

Mental Health Services Locator

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

Radu   Saveanu, MD Radu Saveanu, MD