Digestive Disorders

Gallbladder attack

07/07/2008

Question:

I`m having pain around my upper rib/breastbone area with terrible painful tightening bloating and very gross bad egg-like burps. Last night, it felt like an eruption and when I went to throw up, it tasted like rusty blood and was burping the gross smell/taste up with a lot of gas. I did eat mexican food last night. It started about a week and a half ago with mostly rib pain. I also feel lethargic. My appendix is gone and have had surgery for endometriosis and erosions caused from scar tissue from bmp back surgery. My auntie says sounds like when her gallbladder attacked? Do I need to go to the Emergency Room or is a PCP okay?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Please note, NetWellness is not an emergency service, and your question will not be assigned to one of our experts. Please do not hesitate to call your primary care provider or your local emergency room should you feel that you need immediate care.

Best wishes.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org