Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Side effects of excessive masturbation

07/07/2008

Question:

Hi, I was wondering what the side effects of excessive masturbation were? I saw another topic here where you said it wasn`t behind problems like being tired, but can it be behind any other? Can it decrease semen count or potency? Is there any reason to not masturbate excessively (and by this I don`t mean 3 or 4 times a day, more like 10+) other then feelings of guilt or loss of time? Thanks!

Answer:

Although, physiological masturbation is normal for a young man without a sexual partner, excessive masturbation points to psychological and sexual fixation. You should either get help from a psychiatrist or have a sexual partner who is able to satisfy your sexual desire. Lack of any other interest in life, depression, loss of job or ambition for work, and/or lack of goal in life are a few to mention. Excessive ejaculation may decrease the amount of sperm in your semen, but this is only temporary, as when you stop this abnormal behavior your count will return to normal.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery