Alzheimer's Disease

I Was Told I Have White Matter Disease

07/07/2008

Question:

I was told by several doctors when I was between the ages of 18 and 21 that I have white matter disease. I am 26 now and have multiple problems. Back then, they did not even explain what the disease was and that it could be linked to something else. My coordination is bad, I get dizzy or lightheaded all the time, and my memory isn`t what it used to be. Could this be the because of the white matter disease? I don`t know what to do. Frankly, it frightens me to not feel like the average 26 year old.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Small Vessel Ischemic Disease (White Matter Disease)

Go to the Alzheimer's Disease health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org