Digestive Disorders

Chronic Vomiting

09/15/2008

Question:

My 27 year-old husband has been chronically vomiting after every meal for 6 years now. After numerous doctor visits and tests such as, CT`s, Upper GI, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Barium Test, Manomatry, the eat the radioactive egg test (sorry don`t know the name) and everything came back normal. He has GERD and a Hital Herna which they treat the GERD with Nexium and the herna they say it shouldn`t bother him. He has treatment with medicines for Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome and nothing has slowed it down. He also had his gallbladder taken out 2 1/2 months ago and no results from that either.

He has lost and still loses weight. Six years ago when this started he was 235 and now he is 140 and is six feet two inches tall! As for the psychologist we did go and no results were in that approach either. He is not bulimic is all we found out.

If you think you could help I would love some input. They say his stomach functions normally, but how could it function "normal" if you vomit after every meal?

Answer:

No, it is not normal to be vomiting after every meal. The possible causes are many and cannot be addressed in this format. A second opinion, if not already obtained, may provide a fresh approach.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

D Roy Ferguson, MD D Roy Ferguson, MD