Mental Health

Psychiatry Visit Confidentiality

07/21/2008

Question:

I need to see a psychiatrist for ratter severe depression, but I need to have complete confidentiality. Obviously, if I use my health insurance, this is lost. Is there any reson why I can`t self-pay and be seen as an anononmous patient? I was going to try getting antidepressents via the internet, but this seems stupid. I need help, but I need to keep my job and seeking psychiatric care will certianly cripple my career, especially in this economy..and I checked this out with my employer`s "employee assistance" nurse and she told me that I would likely be penalized for seeking psychiatric help...even though there are rule against it...but they et around these. any thoughts?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Unfortunately, your question is beyond the scope of this service as NetWellness experts provide general information about health and wellness. You may be able to find help by visiting the link below.

Please accept our best wishes for a positive resolution to your problem.

National Mental Health Information Center

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org