Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Blocked Fallopian Tube



Hi there, I am just wondering if there is a surgery that I could have done to have my blocked fallopian tube removed please help me!!


If your tube is blocked on the end and swollen (i.e. a hydrosalpinx), the tube is either removed or ligated proximally before proceeding to in vitro fertilization (IVF). This is typically done using laparoscopy (a telescope inserted through the belly button). I would suggest that you speak with your physician about this.

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati