Prostate Cancer

High PSA Due to Infection

07/18/2008

Question:

My father has been admitted to hospital because he was not able to pass urine. His prostate gland is enlarged to 65cc. He has a very acute urine infection. The test results were 17000= tlc psa =52. I want to inquire, does PSA levels increase so drastically due to infection or enlarged prostate? After 2 days of medication his tlc is 8800 now which is normal. What should be the next step?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your father's testing results. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

PSA of 35 possible UTI
High PSA level causes

Go to the Prostate Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org