Urinary Disorders

Constant feeling of having to urinate

08/07/2008

Question:

For over five months, I have had this problem of constantly feeling like I have to urinate. After I go, I still feel like I have to go and it lasts all day and night. I am being treated by a urologist and he gave me Enbalex and that didn`t help. He did a scope of my bladder and found nothing wrong. I just went back to him and he has me on Vesicare. I am getting tired of this feeling and need an expert to help me. Are there other medications that I can take if that doesn`t work? And are there certain foods that I should stay away from or should start eating that would help? Thank you for your help!

Answer:

There are other medications, but the question is: why you are having this problem in the first place? You should probably have Urodynamic testing of your bladder. I presume your Urologist has done a careful history and physical exam to rule out causes of this problem.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology