Infertility

Can`t Get Pregnant

08/22/2008

Question:

I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. a dr tested my progestrone,albumin and testosterone which came back ok if my hormone levels are ok can i still ovulate Ihave been on prenatal vitamins over two months sex everyday and northing no peroid no pregnancy please help am almost 30 and am scared i cant have kids please serious answers please

Answer:

If you have irregular periods, it is likely that you are not regularly ovulating (making an egg).  You should be evaluated for hormonal causes such as thyroid disease or increased prolactin (these are simple blood tests).   If you have hair growth on your face, chest, back, or abdomen, you may have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). 

Usually, treatment is simple and consists of taking a fertility pill to get you to ovulate.  Prior to treatment, your husband should have a semen analysis, and you should consider having a dye test to see if your tubes are open. 

Please see your doctor to discuss.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD