Spine and Back Health

Curvature

08/15/2008

Question:

I have Xrays that say, "Curvature with kyphosis from C4 through C7 and mild rotoscoliosis of the thoracic spine and degenerative spondylosis.

What does this mean? Please give me an answer. Thank you. Also, I would like you to know that my left side of my neck has severe pain all the time and I have headaches often. I have a hard time turning my head.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose, interpret testing results or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition and testing results, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery