Infertility

Pregnancy Problems After Cryotherapy

08/22/2008

Question:

I am 36 and have I have difficulties getting pregnant. We have tried for almost 2 years. We are currently getting investigated. I just did a hysterosalpingogram (HSG)(last week) which actually turned out good. I did have chlamydia in my younger years and was afraid of scaring. During the procedure the doctor told me he had difficulties getting into the cervix which now made me remember that when I was about 20 and I was constantly bleeding after sex. So I did a Cryotherapy ( freezing of the cervix) which after that I never had a problem, but now I am getting worried - can this cause me to have pregnancy issues at all?

Answer:

It is unlikely that this is a problem in light of the fact that your HSG was normal.  If your pap smears have been easy to perform, this would be another indicator that your cervix is probably normal.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD