Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Skin Care and Diseases

In-grown hairs (Men`s facial)



I have had in increase in Facial bumps and soreness from in grown hairs, is there a treatment that a doctor can prescribe for this condition or are there Dermatologist available that will treat this condition?


Yes, a dermatologist will be able to help in this situation. A topical medication such as an antibiotic may be needed. Shaving techniques may also have to be modified. Occasionally, lasers are used to help with this condition. 

For more information:

Go to the Skin Care and Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Elma D Baron, MD Elma D Baron, MD
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Director, Skin Study Center
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University