My family doctor said that I was Perimenopause since my peroids are lasting shorter and shorter. He also said that it would be not big deal if I just stoped having peroids. That is ok with me since I can`t have any childern because of my pulmonary hypertension. He also said that this could also be brought on by Prednisone that I am taking. I am 35 years old and hoping this is the start of menopuase. I have been taking Prednisone for 4 years. If I stop taking Prednisone could my peroids come back?

Prednisone can cause menstrual irregularities, but it would be important to be sure your loss of menses is not due to premature menopause.  With chronic prednisone use and/or premature menopause, it is important to think about preventing osteoporosis.  Be sure to discuss these issues with your clinician.

Go to the Menopause health topic, where you can:

Margery   Gass, MD Margery Gass, MD
Formely, Professor, Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology