Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Blood Leaking Out of Penis



Hello- the last several times my husband and I have attempted intercourse, there has been blood leaking from what appears to be a small hole underneath his penis (quite a bit of blood in terms of volume). When it starts to leak he is unable to hold an erection. The blood only leaks out of his penis when it is erect, but not every time we have intercourse. He doesn`t seemed too concerned about it but I am. Do you know what this may be and how he should proceed in terms of obtaining the right treatment? Thanks. 


I am not clear about the bleeding location. It could be from a vein or other spots, for which he has to be seen by a urologist.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati