Complementary Medicine

Memory Enhancement Herbal Supplements

08/26/2008

Question:

7 years ago, I was taking Xanor and Thorizine for 2 months, because of anxiety, schizophrenia or whatever it is called. After 2 months of medication and some less dosage of it, the doctor told me to stop. Then after 7 and 1/2 years of no dosage of those drugs, it`s only now I decided to take action of what am experiencing right now. I noticed that am having forgetfulness of things. It`s not amnesia, but it seems like my memory is not as sharp like when I was like 11 years old and below. I am 23 years old now, and I want to ask if the herbal supplement called "memo plus gold" will be good for me? It`s just a memory enhancement herbal supplement. I really need a stuff like that right now, because at this very moment, I`m self studying 4 different computer languages, and it`s hard for me to have a memory leak inside my head. Please let me know if it will be good to ingest that "memory plus gold" herbal supplement. Honestly I don`t want go to a psychiatrist doctor anymore just to ask about this memory issue and the gold herbal supplement. That`s why chose to ask this thing online.

Answer:

I am not aware of any herbals helping your complaints but we have developed a more comprehensive nutritional program that does, and your doctor may have other ideas also.

Go to the Complementary Medicine health topic, where you can:

Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP
Professor of Family Medicine