Athletic Training

Legs

09/08/2008

Question:

hi im an 8th grade student going through science fair and my topic is....if you stretch your legs for 5 min every other day will your stride get longer. But I can`t seem to find an yinfo on this site so I was wondering if you new anything that might help.

Answer:

I would suggest a couple of things for you to do to better research this topic. First, there are different types of stretching techniques that people use so you may want to look at specific types of stretching such as static stretching versus partner-based stretching.  You may want to use Google scholar.com and type in a question that is similar to see if you can find any research that supports your question.  Additionally, you may want to set up a little trial for your science fair project that you evaluate stretching and measure your results.  Good luck!

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Janine   Oman, MS, PT/ATC Janine Oman, MS, PT/ATC
Assistant Athletic Director
Instructor at the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences