Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants

Failed root canal



Question:I had a bone graft done on teeth 2 & 3 last week/one of my doctors thinks that I am losing bone because of a failed root canal that I had done in 2003 in tooth 2. He says that the canals were done so wide that he will not be able to "re-do" the root canal in the "normal manner"/that he would probably need to go in & cut off the roots. What is this called/do you have other suggestions?


If you are concerned about a tooth with a previous root canal treatment, I would recommend a consultation by an endodontist. Endodontists are dentists with additional education in diagnosis and root canal treatment. Because they limit their practices to endodontics, they treat these types of problems every day. They use their special training and experience in treating difficult cases.

For more information:

Go to the Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University