Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Blood clots in my neck

09/09/2008

Question:

I am looking for information about kidney and/or lung diseases that involve blood clots and bleeding. I have a greenfield cathter and it has a clot on it. I also have a blood clot in my leg and blood clots in my neck. I am getting frustrated here because I can not find ask a question. I also have a myeloprolifterative disease and severe neutropenia. I have no neutrophils left. I do not want a diagnois. I already know my diagnois. I am just trying to do some research for my next doctors visit.

Answer:

It is very difficult to answer specific questions without knowing a lot more details about your case. There are diseases of the kidney and the lung that can predispose to blood clots and cause a predisposition to clotting, but the conditions that you describe that you already have can also lead to kidney or lung problems as well. I'm sorry I cannot tell you much more, but getting any more detailed is just not possible within the framework of this forum without having a chance to review your case and examine you.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine