Colorectal Diseases

Pain and soreness in right side

I have had my sigmoid colon removed 2 months ago due to severe diverticulitis. I am having pain in right side and soreness in right side around into my back around the waist area. Some times i can`t hardly get up or turn over in bed due to this. (SHOULD I STILL WATCH WHAT I EAT, NO SEEDS, NUTS ETC. EVEN THOUGH MY SIGMOID HAS BEEN REMOVED) I have had a hysterectomy 30 years ago due to cervical cancer (appendix removed) I have had gall bladder removed 4 years ago due to gall stones and cholesterol stones chronic cholistisis (sorry about spelling, inflammation of gall bladder). What is possible cause of this pain and soreness?

You should have no dietary restrictions now that your diseased area of colon has been removed. Not sure what the cause of your pain is- possibly kidney stone or ovarian cyst? You should see your internist to be evaluated.

Go to the Colorectal Diseases health topic, where you can:

Janice Frederick Rafferty, MD Janice Frederick Rafferty, MD
Professor of Surgery
Chief of Colorectal Surgery Division