Gynecology

Tilted uterus and infections

10/13/2008

Question:

I have been told that I have endometrosis and a tilted uterus. I am married and have had two children. Since having been pregnant I have gotten numerous uterine infections and have a lot of cramping in my uterus. I wanted to know if this could be related to my conditions of if something else might be going on. I also have had problems with ovarian cysts and have had several larger ones rupture, and I have pain and cramping during and after sex.

thanks!

Answer:

Endometriosis can cause pelvic scarring that can lead to pain with intercourse, a tilted uterus, pain with bowel movements and infertility. First, it would depend on how the diagnosis was made. The only true way to make the diagnosis is by visualizing the lesions in the pelvis and even taking a biopsy. Endometriosis doesn't lead to uterine infections. You have a multitude of symptoms and need to see someone who can take a detailed history and physical exam to determine the cause of your pain.

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

Thomas  A deHoop, MD Thomas A deHoop, MD
Formerly Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Director, Medical Student Education