Pulmonary Hypertension

Is my PH getting worse?

10/15/2008

Question:

I have ph and have no symptoms. They found ph when I had an echo done due to a mini storke. The past month when I go for my walks I get short of breath almost right away when I would not get short of breath at all. I had a docotrs appointment and on the way home I got dizzy and like a wave going from one side of my head to the other. That kept coming and going that night. So I went to bed. I was sitting up watching tv and I got the dizzness and then my ears started to ring. Next thing I know I passed out. Luckly I had a pillow on the back of my head or my head would have hit the headboard. I am still dizzy, short of breath when walking, etremely weak and tired and I can`t think straight. If I ask some one a question they answer me. The conversation will go on and I know I already asked her that question and that she answered me but I can`t remeber what she said. I normally can go to the store without a list and remember every thing. Could this be signs that my PH is getting worse?

Answer:

Shortness of breath with activity, lightheadedness, and passing out can be signs of pulmonary hypertension (PH). You do not state how abnormal your echo was and what other medical problems you have. I would suggest you discuss these symptoms with your doctor.

Go to the Pulmonary Hypertension health topic, where you can:

Namita   Sood, MD, FCCP Namita Sood, MD, FCCP
Associate Professor of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep