Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Too many blood clots on leg when i work hard

10/15/2008

Question:

I am one of the female patients, age 44 suffering from large no of blood clots on my leg.when ever i work harf or do some standing job i develop large no of blood clots on my legs and these blood clots just look like as if whole of my legs are bleeding. it looks hideous and some time i feel a bit of burning. i have shown to so many doctors in iindia but nobody has been able to cure it . Can u suggest some medicines or cure. I will be very thankful to you.

Answer:

It is hard to say definitively if what you are describing are superficial blood clots or more deep venous blood clots.

A deep vein thrombosis (a clot) is what can be treated with an oral blood thinner (Warfarin). Just over the email, it is impossible to tell which one you are dealing with. Your doctor should be able to do an ultrasound to help differentiate the two. I am sorry I cannot provide any more detailed information.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine