Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Please Help Me



If I had chlamydia for 2 years and didn`t know it, could this have affected my fertility, even though I have recently been treated for the virus?


The only way to determine whether or not you have tubal blockage from your chlamydia would be to perform a hysterosalpingogram or HSG.  This is an x-ray test in which dye is injected into the uterus; x-ray pictures are then taken which demonstrate whether the uterine cavity is normal, as well as whether the fallopian tubes are open.

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati