Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Bipolar Disorder (Children and Adolescents)

Alternate treatment for bipolar



Can you recommend any psychiatrists in Canada who treat this disorder without the usual medications ie psychiatric pharmaceuticals? Are you aware Of INTAR, an organization of people who have been diagnosed with all kinds of mental illnesses and have successfully gotten away from the meds and live healthy productive lives?


Hello and thank you for your question. Being based in the United States, I don't have many contacts with Canadian psychiatrists. However, you may try the website of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.

I'm not aware of INTAR, but will certainly do a web search to find out more - thank you! Hope my answers helps. Best wishes.

For more information:

Go to the Bipolar Disorder (Children and Adolescents) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Nicholas   Lofthouse, PhD Nicholas Lofthouse, PhD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University