Root canal

11/26/2008

Question:

hi I had a root canal over a year ago with a crown placed over it.. Anyway it became a little sore when bitting down the dentist did adjust the bite.. now my glands on the same side.. ( oh this would be tooth number 30)are always sore and my lymph nodes swell and then break out around my jaw chin area . I have had alot of soreness mainly the gum area around the crown and have had small abcess bust between 30 and 31.I have prescription mouthwash and taken antibotics ( on again) My dentitst performed this root canal in 45 minutes and I don`t recall root canals being performed that fast. In the last 2 years he has done rootcanals to all my upper and lower molars and I don`t understand why this is happening at 35 years old.Up north a root canal was a 2 step process.Anyway he took an exray and said I have gum disease confined only to that area between 30 and 31 and is sending me to a peridonists (how ever you spell it) My instincts tell me that the root canal should be redone. It just seems Im filled of infection all the time and this tooth doesn`t have anywhere to drain so I feel thats why my lymph nodes have been swelled and the constant acne to the chin ect.. Im a Lpn for 12 years and been trying to fiqure out this and have felt this last back molar is responsible for alot of my other symptoms.. At first had a large lump under my chin one morning after that tooth felt sore and my doctor put me on antibiotics and to watch it. The tooth was good for about a month after tx of antibotics the lump went down. One week later the toth started to ache around the gum line again and the lump was back! Its getting irritating!! Do you think I should go to a endodontist instead?? the exray I seen it was alittle dark all the way down to end of where root was?

Answer:

Please seek the care of an endodontist.

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics