Spine and Back Health

Hip or lower back pain

12/08/2008

Question:

I have very sevre RA in my hips and other joints and I also got pain and stiffness in my lower back that my doctor can`t figure out what the pain is from. When I get hip pain from ra I feel it in my groin area. Now I also get pain in the same place but on the back of my hip. I call it where the back of my leg joins my butt. Normaly when my hip pain increases mean that my ra is going to flare and I would increase my Prednisone before it gets too bad. But if it is from my back then I would not increase the Prednisone. Could the pain in the back of my leg that conects to my butt be from my hip or is pain in that area lower back?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org