Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Status change in the mornings.....

12/08/2008

Question:

Hello, I am a 36 year old African American with controlled Hypertension. For about 3-4 months I have been noticing a change morning erections. They are not there. I have also noticed that there is also a change in daily erections or normal erections when there is no activity. I have no real problems with achieving an erection during stimulation, but there does seem to be a problem with maintaining. There are a few stress factors involved in day to day life, however, my penis has a different feeling and almost a sensitivity when placid. Is this something to be concerned about or could there be underlying cardiovascular issues? Now, I have read that a daily release is good for prostate health, so I do have a daily release. Is this part of the problem and should I not do this??

Answer:

Well, what you have heard about the daily release is not correct. You should have sexual relation, stimulation when you desire, not what it demands. Your outlook on sex will change. Nocturnal erection reduces as you age, as well as if you are taking anti hypertensive medication. Your blood pressure control is as important if not more important than erectile function.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery