Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Low Male Libido

12/08/2008

Question:

My husband is a 36 year old male who has a low sex drive. We have been married for 3 and a half years and he very rarely initiates sex (usually after I have nagged him about it). He is very affectionate and loving, yet that does not seem to translate into having sex. His work requires him to travel a lot, so he is often only home at weekends, which doesn`t help. But even when he has been home for a few weeks, we seem to only have sex once I have initiated it. When we do, he seems to lose his erection very quickly and I find I have to spend all my attention on maintaining it! The other aspect that I find strange is that he has never masturbated. Is that possible? He said that as a boy he tried it but it "didn`t work", so he has never masturbated since and doesn`t feel any particular need to do so. If I stimulate him by hand, he has no problems in having an orgasm. He hasn`t got diabetes and isn`t overweight, although he has high cholesterol. He does not experience work related stress. Please help, as it worries me greatly.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Impaired libido
Low libido
Borderline Testosterone levels & Low Libido

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org