High Blood Pressure

About low blood pressure

01/05/2009

Question:

I was wanting to know I have been checking my blood pressure pretty regular now and noticed that it is below normal I have lost about 90 pounds and I would like to lose about 30 more pounds and I started paying attenetion that it take me along time to get to my targt heart rate and I cant it up once I hit it I get to tired. I have had blood work and the doctor said that I am healthly as a horse sugar good cholesterol and trig was great and of my blood was very good but I am still over weight what can i DO?

Answer:

As long as a person feels well, low blood pressure is not a problem.  Your blood pressure probably came down with the weight loss, and that is a good thing.  You may experience some fatigue, especially when exercising, but that problem should go away as you become more physically fit.

The lower the blood pressure, the lower the risk of stroke and heart disease. and there is no real "lower limit".  Many physician think that "as long as the patient walks and talks, the blood pressure is not too low".

Keep up the good work and try to get as close to your ideal weight as you can.  As you continue to exercise, your fatigue should get better.

Go to the High Blood Pressure health topic, where you can:

Max C Reif, MD Max C Reif, MD
Professor of Medicine
Director of Hypertension Section