Infertility

Fertility frustrations

02/03/2009

Question:

i`m 33yrs old. i have a 4 year boy and contracted a horrendous perineum infection post delivery strep g. i was completely treated but now a year later after extensive trying am still not pregnant. im due to go to fertility clinic in the next 2 months but my concerns today are 1..i have the typical egg white discahrge at ovulation but awful sore breasts 2 days later for the rest of my cycle, is this normal?? 2..my periods are now so light i no longer have to wear any sanitary protection. they last 4 days. how cn this be??

kind regards

Answer:

More than 80% of women at your age will become pregnant after trying for one year. With you history of infection after a delivery, your gynecologist will probably want to check to see if your tubes are open. Your sore breasts are normal for the second half of the cycle. However, your very light periods might indicate that you are not ovulating. Since you have been trying for over a year, it is time for you to see a fertility specialist.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

William W Hurd, MD William W Hurd, MD
Professor of Reproductive Biology