Pain Management

Severe feet pain

01/15/2009

Question:

I had heel spur surgery done on both of my feet.I still have severe feet pain,burning,itching,big hard knots@sweelling on my feet.Its not just the bottom of my feet sometimes its the top or sides but mainly the bottom.I even wear braces at night.It is so painful nothing seems to help @ nobody seems to know whats wrong with me.What could it be?

Answer:

It is difficult to predict what is going on with your feet without and examination. Heel spur surgery, depending on what was done, can have a long recovery time. That said if you are several months past your surgery you may want to consider going to another practitioner for an assessment. I would recommend either an orthopedic surgeon or a podiatrist. You may also benefit from an evaluation by a medical group at a academic health science center associated with a medical school and/or residency program so you can get the benefit of any innovations that may be available.

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

Jeffrey M Robbins, DPM Jeffrey M Robbins, DPM
Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery