Epilepsy

Mini-seizures

01/21/2009

Question:

Very recently I began having what seems to be "mini seizures". They only occur when I`m laying in bed with my eyes closed, trying to go to sleep. I`ve had four in the last month. The last one happening this evening. I can literally feel it start in the left side of my head. It causes my body and jaw to lock up, I can no longer swallow, and my body flushes with heat. Causing a light sweat. My whole body tingles after it stops. And my heart rate increases. Its very disturbing because I don`t understand what is happening. Any ideas or solutions?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about epilepsy but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You can learn more about the different symptoms if seizures by visiting the websites below. Please discuss your symptoms with your health care provider.

Epilepsy Foundation: Seizures and Syndromes

Go to the Epilepsy health topic, where you can:

David M Ficker, MD David M Ficker, MD