Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Digestive Disorders

Swollen Saliva Gland



Whenever I eat certain foods my temple swells out and pressure is put on that side of my head the right side. I have to rub the area that is swollen, and sometimes that does not help to get it down. What do you recommend? My doctor gave me a perscription called cleocin, but it has not helped. Thank you.


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. You should see an ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat specialist) for a thorough history and exam.

Related Resources:

Find an ENT

For more information:

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Yash J Patil, MD Yash J Patil, MD
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati