Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Skin Cancer

Should I See a Doctor About a Mole?



I have a mole. It has been growing in my hair line on my head. It itches and when I comb my hair it hurts. At first I was picking and pulling at it but it would`nt come off. In the last two weeks it has gotton longer. All I know is that it is driving me crazy. It`s kind of rough feeling. Should I get it looked at by a doctor? 


You should definitely have the mole evaluated by a physician who is a dermatologist.

Related Resources:

Find a Dermatologist - American Academy of Dermatology

For more information:

Go to the Skin Cancer health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Kord  Honda, MD Kord Honda, MD
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University