Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

Mouth

02/09/2009

Question:

Hi Im experiencing a lot of pain right now on my tongue. My tongue has lil and big blisters and i cant eat, talk and its very uncomfortable. My tongue has a white film on it and blisters all around. and it kills me to swollow i about to go thru the roof and to top it off my teeth keep rubbing against the sides and it hurts real bad. can you help thank you

Answer:

You should see your dentist or a dental specialist such as an oral and maxillofacial pathologist or oral and maxillofacial surgeon to examine the blisters and determine a precise diagnosis.

In the absence of the blisters, your description is similar to patients with burning mouth syndrome but I can't provide much more assistance from this side of a computer keyboard. Additional information about burning mouth syndrome will be attached for you to help understand this condition. Good luck!

Burning Mouth Syndrome

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

John R Kalmar, DMD, PhD John R Kalmar, DMD, PhD
Clinical Professor of Pathology
Associate Dean of Dentistry Administration