Infertility

D & C

03/13/2009

Question:

im 29 yeras old and married for one year.i conceived by IUI.the baby was found with no cardiac activity and baby growth arrested at 7 weeks itself.so a D&C was done by the 11th week.when can we start having intercourse?how many months after can i conceive?my gynaecology here asked me to hvae ecosprin and folic acid till i conceive?why should i take this tablet?

Answer:

If this was your first pregnancy loss, you have a very good chance to be successful on your next attempt.  For a clinical pregnancy loss, I usually recommend waiting for 2 months before attempting pregnancy.  Once you have seen your physician for a post-op visit, they will clear you to have intercourse.  With regards to the baby aspirin and folic acid, this is empiric treatment because of your loss (it will not cause harm to take it, and theoretically, it could be helpful).

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD