Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Maintaining Erection

03/20/2009

Question:

Dear Doctor, I am a 41 year old man with a happy married life having one son, but for the past a year I have noticed that the errection is not hard and it slips from the vagina and again I have to pull out and make it hard and then push again, but this does not last long again the same principle to be adopted. I do not have any BP or sugar and I am a pure vegetarian. Do I have to take any medication? Please help me. My wife does not complain but I feel I am not able to satisfy her fully.

Answer:

If you are not diabetic, smoker or not taking any medication you should see your primary care physician or urologist. Usually the cause of ED is multi factorial. There is also a psychological component involved as well. If nothing serious is found taking low dose medication, such as Viagra is helpful even though you are too young to have ED.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery