Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

How do I find a dentist to help?



I`m 50 years old and my teeth are giving out. My dentist assumes it`s poor dental hygiene. I brush several times a day, floss at least 1 time a day, and rinse with PhosFlur every night before bed.

However, I have other problems such as dry mouth, acid reflux, and a serious case of teeth grinding.

My dentist is really good with bridges and caps and such like. But he has very little to suggest for other ways for me to battle decay.

I don`t want to lose my teeth and believe there must be other steps I can take. How do I find a dentist with more experience in this area here in Columbus?

Thank you!


This is an emerging area of dental treatment. There are protocols that will help with your problem. To find a dentist in Columbus that would treat you for the caries risk, you could contact the Columbus Dental Society and ask for a referral to a dentist that does caries risk assessment. There are also dentists at the Dental Faculty Practice at The Ohio State University College of Dentistry who are familiar with and use these caries risk protocols.

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

D Stanley Sharples, DDS
Clinical Assistant Professor of Primary Care Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University