Children's Health

Concerned mom of 8 year old son

04/07/2009

Question:

My 8 year old sometimes poops in his pants. he goes to the bathroom to. but sometimes it is like he cant control what comes out. sometimes it is a small amount and sometimes it is just enought paste to make a big mess. it bothers him so much. i try asking him numerous times if he has to go. he tells me that he doesnt feel like he has to. i am at a loss. it really bothers us both. when he does go it is not always hard and large...but it is sometimes. sometimes it is small and soft. PLEASE HELP

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The link below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001570.htm

Go to the Children's Health health topic, where you can:

Michael Spigarelli, MD, PhD
Formerly, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine