Spine and Back Health

Back and Hip Pain...

05/11/2009

Question:

For the past 8 months I have been getting pain in my hips sometimes its the right side more other times it is the left. The pain is a numb, but painful constant dull pain that wakes me up in the night and makes it more painful to move. Sometimes this pain extends down the back of my leg other times it doesn`t and recently I`ve just started getting a VERY sharp pain in my lower back on the sides of my spine. I`ve had an x-ray and an MRI and they are both showing up nothing. I am desparate to figure this out to stop the pain, please help.... thanks.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery