Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Pinpoint bruising

I am iron deficient..stress a lot but no high blood pressure and healthy but morbidly obese (so THEY say) but I have really tiny veins. I have been expeiencing pinching feeling almost a burning itch and then I look and see that my vein is swelling and then finally bursts leaving a small bruise. This bruise does not hurt and the pain is gone immediately afterwards. I do not suffer from anything from these other then minor discomfort from the vein popping open. Is there something that I can do to prevent this in the future or something that I should just leave be. I talked to my doctor whom gave me a determatitis creme which really did not seem to work or prevent these things from happening. Thank you.

It is difficult really to say very much in this forum, but this does not sound like anything that you would see with iron deficiency or another condition that I could think of. What you are describing does not immediately point to any particular condition, but I would encourage you to continue to follow up with your physician if the problem persists.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine