Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Sensitive vs allergic



Can someone just be sensitive to a topical substance (in my case, an ingredient in hair dye) without being allergic to it or are they one and the same?


Contact topical reactions are referred to as either allergic or sensitization reactions.

For more information:

Go to the Allergies health topic, where you can:

Response by:

I Leonard Bernstein, MD I Leonard Bernstein, MD
Clinical Professor Emeritus
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati