Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Chronic infections acquired bleeding disorder



Hello, I am a 47 female that was diagnosed with acquired von willebrand 8% factor VIII and mgus 3 1/2 years ago. I am currently getting chronic infections and I have not been able to afford a hematologist anymore. Is there any clinic that could help me with my condition or any clinical trails?


What you describe is obviously a very complicated situation that needs to be handled by an experienced hematologist. Since I am not sure where you live, I would encourage you to contact the nearest university or county hospital that may be able to provide the specialized help that you need.

For more information:

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University